Every time a child of mine passes their birthday, I wonder… where did the year go? Now that I have two children, I ask myself that same question twice a year. And it seems the year passes twice as quickly, now.
At any rate, THIS young man is two years old today.
I frequently say, he is such a boy. He gets dirty, he is loud (even when he whispers!), and he can be mischievous.
But he is also very sweet, adores his big sister (but his mama even more), and is a smiling, giggling boy most of the time.
He likes to play rough,
and eat. He really, really likes to eat.
I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday…
… and I’m filled with joy to be his mama! Happy birthday, son!
This site has been quiet, I know. It’s not for lack of crafting. I recently crocheted a baby blanket and stuffed toy for a friend’s baby. I started a small throw blanket. And I’ve started and been whizzing through a winter sweater for JB.
But we also have been between homes. We sold our old house at the end of July while in the process of buying a new one. We won’t move in there until this Labor Day weekend, or possibly later if it rains as predicted. Fear not! we have not been homeless, but have been bunking with my very gracious parents-in-law.
I have also been dealing with a molar-teething almost-two-year-old, and for the last few days, a stitched-up three-year-old. (Sprout cut her knee and required six stitches.) Both a bit out of sorts also being in this home transition. Yikes.
Also, I have been toying with the idea of creating a Facebook page and Instagram feed to associate with this blog. I’m still looking into it, but if I make accounts, I’ll be sharing the information here.
And finally, perhaps one of the most important things I’ve been doing the last 2.5 months, is growing a whole new person. ☺️ Nate and I are expecting a third little addition next spring. The first trimester this time ’round has been a doozy. We aren’t sure of gender yet, and I’m waiting until then to look at baby patterns. But that small throw blanket I mentioned is a baby blanket I started in cream and brown. I got pregnant and my fingers started itching to knit for the new babe. ❤️
So, there are all my reasons and excuses. I hope to share more soon. 🙂
Another year gone away… Sprout is three!
More Big than Little, every day, it seems. I asked her questions for a fun survey… she didn’t really understand some of the questions, so I gave my best guess at what her answers might be, on some of them. 🙂
- What is your favorite color? “I like blue.” (But later, she told Daddy it is pink.)
- What is your favorite animal? “I want a tiger.”
- Favorite book? Oh! The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss (It is her request just about every night.)
- Favorite show and movie? Veggie Tales, Finding “Mee-mo”, “Pooh Bear” (Pooh’s Grand Adventure)
- Favorite song? She said she didn’t know, but she sings “Amazing Grace,” “Twinkle Little Star,” and “Victory in Jesus” a lot.
- Favorite food, snacks? She said “those holes ones” — a.k.a. veggie straws, but also wants yogurt, clementine oranges, and pasta most of the time.
- Favorite clothes to wear or outfit? Her Minnie Mouse dress gets the most love, these days.
- Favorite game? “My matching game” — Minnie Mouse Memory game
- Favorite toy? She said she didn’t know, but she plays with her Alphie robot almost every day.
- Favorite thing to do outside? “Hmm… swing. Yeah, I like that!”
- Favorite place to go? “A big, giant Walmart!”
- Favorite thing about your room? “Um… the floor!”
- What is the yuckiest food? “The yucky muffins.” (failed peanut butter oat muffins)
- What do you like to take to bed with you? “My dolly.” Her brother’s bunny is another favorite.
still naps (sometimes)
is a fabulous big sister
watches after JB
can color in the lines (mostly)
hair is long enough for “piggy tails”!
likes walking beside JB
can ride a trike
still sleeps on long drives
loves to lick the beaters
teaching JB how to play
makes wonderful imaginative play
Sprout is two.
She is so big. She doesn’t swing in the baby swing anymore.
She wants to be just like me.
She is my silly,
sweet, Big Girl.
She is just two.
She is so little. The world is full of surprises,
She still gets strapped in and doesn’t like to be alone.
She looks eagerly ahead. What will next year bring?
More observant readers will likely notice I’ve put up a new ticker on the side-bar…
It’s a countdown to Jelly Bean. 🙂 Yep, I’m expecting again! We are so excited to be anticipating the arrival of a baby boy, due September 30th.