I’m not sure if this will become a regular occurrence here, but I’ve wanted to try this content out for a while now.
I appreciate the meal plans other lifestyle bloggers share because I glean a lot of recipe and entree/side dish combinations from them. Over the years, I’ve noticed that not many vocal meal planners eat very similarly to us, so there could be an audience for my voice in this space.
My goals when meal planning are to include a variety of foods, both cuisines and ingredients. I try to expose my children to different flavors and textures and ingredients so, hopefully, they grow into adults who appreciate or at least can tolerate most any food.
Also note that I don’t plan meals for specific days unless we expect company. I just make a list and choose each day from the list what I want to cook.
As a little disclaimer: we don’t eat any particular diet. We don’t eat organic and have no food restrictions in our family, so far. We don’t eat entirely from-scratch, but I also use few convenience items.
Ingredients to use this week:
- Ground pork
- Chicken breast
- Sliced red onion
Meals (in no particular order):
- Lunches: BLTs, dill pickle dip (forgive the website name, but it is a tasty recipe!) w/celery sticks; cheeseburger macaroni w/carrot sticks
- Chicken cutlets, basil pesto spaghetti, steamed broccoli
- Pork egg roll bowls (I use this egg roll recipe; the filling and sauce go over a bed of rice for a “bowl” version)
- Sour cream chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice
- Meatball vegetable soup, Italian herb bread
- Stovetop pizza
- Colorado meat pie filling w/biscuits (pantry meal on reserve if we need it)
I want to share the recipes that aren’t linked already, but I can’t make any guarantees to that end these days. I can only guarantee it’s on my mind, and I intend to try!
What is your family eating this week?