First, I am supposed to thank the person who gave me the award, Kathy. Her site is really great, so I hope you go over and check it out. She is also really great, as I’m sure you’ll figure out if you go over to her blog.
Second, I have to tell you 10 things that you may not know about me. It’s hard to remember what I have already “given away” on the blog, but I’ll try to make these things new to most of you.
- I was born in North Carolina, but raised in Texas.
- My favorite dessert is plain cheesecake.
- In the 12 years I attended public school, I never received a “perfect attendance” award.
- I began my senior year of high school with mononucleosis, and no, I didn’t get it from kissing someone.
- Since being married, I’ve discovered that I love to cook.
- I have an older sister and a niece who will be 7 years old in 6 days. I also have a half-sister who is 2.5 years old.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- Both of my ring fingers are very crooked, a trait I inherited from my mother.
- My hair and nails grow really fast.
- I love all things crafty–knitting, crochet, sewing, embroidery–and am looking forward to finding many more!
Finally, I’m supposed to bestow this award on 6 other bloggers. This is tricky because… well, I don’t read 6 other blogs. Here are the two I do read, and I would choose them even if I read hundreds of blogs!
- Katie — She blogs about knitting, cooking, gardening, reading, and life as a librarian!
- Emily — Her blog is very fun to read. She writes about gardening, sewing/quilting, and other homey stuff.
If you are reading this and you were chosen, in order to post the badge to your site, you have to do what I did: post 10 things about you that your readers may not know and give the award to 6 others. Of course, this is entirely optional and you are not to feel obligated in any way at all. You don’t have to accept it if you don’t want to. I promise my feelings won’t be hurt. 😉